You probably do not give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Pride Vacaville Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out everything you will want to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to call refrigerator repair Vacaville.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for many years now. A residential refrigerator stores food at the right temperature, in order to eliminate spoilage and slow down harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Pride Vacaville Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the heat built-up inside the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside.
Right when the evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is carried within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas, thereby transforming it into a liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the temperature within a refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Vacaville for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the next cooling cycle starts. The appliance attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and returns back to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquified gas continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the best final point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in a lot of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one place and then relocating it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, creates a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Pride Vacaville Appliance Repair.
Pride Vacaville Appliance Repair is able to repair all standard models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Vacaville are trained to troubleshoot and repair cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart controls and countless other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working